Vitamins: A and C
Minerals: calcium, iodine, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, silicon and sodium
Therapeutic Benefits: Cucumber juice is an excellent tonic and encourages a healthy skin, hair and nails. It controls fluid retention and help treat bladder problems. Has blood cleansing properties and is an effective treatment for arthritis. Choose dark green cucumber, firm to the touch and which does not have any signs of wilting. Some cucumbers are covered with a substance resembling wax, so clean, wash thoroughly and peel cucumbers before juicing.
Vitamins: A and B
Minerals: iron, phosphorus, potassium and zinc
Therapeutic Benefits: Fennel is probably best known as a digestive aid. It is indicated for the relief of intestinal gas, poor digestion as well as painful conditions such as gastritis and enteritis. Fennel is also a diuretic therefore is very effective when used for kidney and bladder problems and fluid retention. Fennel juice helps combat fatigue. Choose firm and white bulbs of fennel. Wash and cut small pieces before being passed through the juicer. Fennel combines well with apple juice, carrots, pears and celery.
Vitamins: A, B, C, D and E
Minerals: calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium
Therapeutic Benefits: Lettuce is an excellent remedy for constipation and should be taken daily with a little olive oil. Lettuce is a strong diuretic, helping the bladder problems, circulatory problems and fighting fluid retention, cellulite and obesity. It contains a chemical similar to opium, which acts as a powerful relaxant to the nervous system. It is therefore known as an adjuvant in disorders such as stress, anxiety, insomnia and heart disease. The varieties of lettuce that are dark are the most nutritious. Choose lettuce that are heavier and darker.
Vitamins: A and C
Minerals: calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, potassium, sodium and sulfur
Therapeutic Benefits: Parsley is an herb with powerful healing properties. It is a powerful diuretic and a stimulant, therefore, using in the evening or at bedtime should be avoided. The juice of parsley is helpful for those who suffer from migraines, hypertension, eye disorders and anemia. It is advisable for people suffering from arthritis because it has beneficial effects for hardening of the arteries. Helps purifying the blood and is recommended for boosting bladder health cures, liver and kidney problems. Parsley juice is very strong and is not intended to be consumed in large quantities. Always combine parsley juice with other fruit or vegetable extracts. Select parsley leaves that are dark.
Vitamins: A, B, C and K
Minerals: calcium, iodine, iron, phosphorus and potassium
Therapeutic Benefits: Spinach contains more iron than any other vegetable. Good for treating anemia, depression, fatigue and other emotional disorders. It also helps in digestion and cleansing the internal organs. For those suffering from boils, abscesses, ulcers, it is advisable to eat some spinach juice to help healing. Select fresh spinach leaves, green or dark green. Spinach juice should be consumed in moderation.
Vitamins: A, B, C, E
Minerals: iron, phosphorus, potassium and sulfur
Therapeutic Benefits: Due to the sun, tomatoes contain many nutrients and therefore are extremely beneficial for the organism. They are excellent for the blood and are a good tonic for the nervous system. This is particularly beneficial for people suffering from anxiety, stress, nervousness, insomnia and fatigue. Tomatoes have the ability to remove uric acid from the body and are great food for people suffering from arthritis, gout and rheumatism. Tomato juice has cleansing properties and can help with certain skin conditions such as acne or boils. Select ripe and heavy tomatoes. Wash them well, cut them and put them in the juicer with their skins. Tomato juice can be used single or in combination with carrot juice, apple, celery and onion juice.
Here is a list of the best ingredients for vegetable juices and the diseases that they can heal:
• Acne – carrot, lettuce and spinach
• Anemia – beets, celery and carrot
• Allergy – carrot, lettuce and spinach
• Appendicitis – carrots, beets and spinach
• Arthritis – cucumber, beet, celery, carrot and watercress
• Asthma – carrots, radishes, celery
• Bronchitis – tomatoes, carrots, onions and spinach
• Colds – carrot, celery, onion and spinach
• Constipation – carrot, beet, spinach and watercress
• Colitis – carrot, beet, cucumber and spinach
• Diabetes – carrot, celery, lettuce and spinach
• Eczema – carrot, spinach, cucumber and beet
• Epilepsy – carrot, celery and spinach
• Blurred vision – tomatoes, carrots, celery, parsley and spinach
• Fatigue carrot, spinach, beet and cucumber
• Gout – tomato, cucumber, beet, carrot, celery and spinach
• Headaches – carrot, lettuce and spinach
• Heart disease – carrot, beet, cucumber and spinach
• Hypertension, carrot, spinach, beet and cucumber
• Influenza – carrot, onion and spinach
• Insomnia – lettuce, carrot and celery
• Jaundice – carrot, celery, spinach, beet and cucumber
• Obesity – tomatoes, beets, cabbage, lettuce, spinach and carrot
• Hemorrhoids – carrot, spinach, turnip and watercress
• Sinus problems – tomato, carrot, onion and spinach
• Tonsillitis – carrot, spinach, beet and cucumber