Apples, pears, pomegranates, grapes and quinces are full of vitamins, helping us to cope successfully with the cold weather. Among these, grapes are considered the top fruits of the season and that is because of their various beneficial proprieties for our immune system.
If you feel tired, exhausted and weak, a diet based on grapes is just what you need. They will definetely help you regain your zest for life and daily energy.
Moreover, studies have shown that the regular consumption of grapes can prevent lung cancer, stimulates digestion and helps us eliminate fast all the toxins in our body. The antioxidants existent in grapes counter premature aging, protect the heart and regulate the blood pressure.
Here are some rules to follow if you decide to keep a diet based on grapes:
- Grapes must be eaten slowly.
- The fruits you choose for your diet should be sweet, ripe and fresh. Don’t eat fermented grapes or those dried in the sun.
- In order to benefit from all the therapeutic effects of grapes, don’t peel them before consumption. As bitter as it may seem, the crust and the narrow gelatinous layer existent between the surface of the fruit and its pulp contains the most valuable therapeutic substances. Moreover, if you want to take full advantage of the qualities of this fruit, you have to chew the pips of grapes, as they contain oil which reduces cholesterol and keep the blood vessels healthy.
- Snacks between meals will maintain constant the blood sugar level. Thus, they will not disrupt the fat burning process.
- You should also do half an hour of physical exercises every day.
- For the detoxification process, it is recommended to drink three glasses of grapes juice daily, before meals.
- Even if grapes are very sweet, they do not contain a great quantity of sugar, being easily assimilated by the body. Therefore, the grapes can be considered your best allies in the war against weight.
On the other hand, your complexion can benefit a lot from the healing and energizing proprieties of grapes. Vitamin E plays an essential role in maintaining the elasticity of your skin and in the process of collagen synthesis.
In addition, you can use grapes in a facial mask, as they are great in combating acne.
You can try a face mask with grapes, lemon and honey which cleans and moisturizes the skin, being perfect for every complexion. To prepare the mask, you need a tea spoon of grape juice, one tea spoon of lemon juice and one tea spoon of liquid honey (slightly heated).
Put all ingredients in a plastic or ceramic bowl and mix them with a wooden spatula. Apply the resulting cream on your face and keep it that way for 15 minutes. Then, wash your face with warm water. This mask cleans and moisturizes the skin, preparing it for a new season.
All in all, we should include grapes in our daily meals, as they are great for our organism. I have already replaced dinner with a healthy portion of grapes. You could try it too!
If you want to learn more about Autumn Fruit, you should also read: Autumn Fruit – the Best Sources of Vitamins
Incoming search terms:
- everything about grapes