Benefits of Delicious Dark Chocolate
Good news for those who love chocolate! Eating it is considered to be good from many points of view. Here are just a few reasons why you shouldn’t give it up even if you are on a diet.
1. Dark chocolate is believed to improve people’s ability to see. Researchers have conducted an experiment in order to prove this theory which included two parts: firstly, the participants were tested after they ate a bar of dark chocolate and then, after they consumed a bar of white chocolate.
The results of the test have proven that the abilities to see were much more improved after eating dark chocolate. The results were attributed to the flavonoids existent in chocolate, known for their impact on blood flow in the brain and probably in the eyes.Thus eat chocolate to see better!
2. Dark chocolate is a source of antioxidants. However, in this category it is not included milk chocolate or dark chocolate consumed with milk. Scientists have discovered that milk may cancel the absorption of antioxidants existent in dark chocolate . You should buy only dark chocolate and avoid eating milk chocolate. In any case, if “keeping myself healthy” is your excuse for eating chocolate remember always the words “moderate consumption”.
3. Dark chocolate is rich in vitamins ( A1, B1, B2, C, D and E) and has a high content of minerals such as potassium, magnesium, iron, calcium and sodium. The potassium helps restoring the correct blood pressure, prevents muscle cramps and the magnesium stimulates the nervous system, being responsible for our good mood in many situations.
4. Dark chocolate is a great energizer, having a high content of caffeine. It can successfully replace coffee and energy drinks – which can be very harmful for the entire body.
5. The Aztec population used dark chocolate to improve their libido and sexual performance. Nowadays, chocolate is used as an aphrodisiac and it should always be present in the menu of a romantic dinner.
6. A very interesting thing is that dark chocolate helps stimulating the activity of the brain. Two tablets of chocolate a day increases the power of concentrating and give rise to the best ideas.
7. Dark chocolate prevents heart diseases. It is known that it helps the organism to eliminate the “bad cholesterol” in the blood and maintain the elasticity of blood vessels. Researchers have shown that by eating a square of dark chocolate every day, the risk of cardiovascular disease and myocardial infarction is reduced with 40 %.
8. It has an anti-wrinkle effect. Daily consumption of dark chocolate has beneficial effects on your skin. It protects the skin from the harmful effects of ultraviolet rays, thereby preventing wrinkles. Researchers have found that the cocoa beans have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects.
9. Dark chocolate helps our body to burn calories! Because of the theobromine, a substance which has the same proprieties as the coffee, chocolate accelerates the activity of the metabolism and helps us burn more calories. This is true only in the case of those who do physical exercise and consume chocolate in moderation. You should always bear in mind that 100 gr of chocolate contain 500 calories!
Incoming search terms:
- chocolate advantages
- advantages of chocolate