May 5, 2011
Women absorb annually about 2,3 kg of toxic substances through cosmetic products they use regularly shows a British study.
A woman uses daily at least 12 cosmetic and body care products with an average daily intake of 175 chemical compounds, researchers say. These mass cosmetic products can cause various side effects, due to substances that penetrate the skin.
Here is The List of Toxic Substances from Cosmetics that can cause eczema, allergies, acne, atopic dermatitis or hormonal imbalances:
– Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) – common in soaps and shampoos, with a role in cleaning the skin. The substance is used to remove fat from the epidermis. It can destroy the natural barrier of the skin’s fat, thereby causing contact dermatitis.
– Phenol (carbolic acid) – commonly found in body creams. It can lead to convulsions, circulatory collapse and even respiratory failure.
– Aromatic Hydrocarbons from petroleum or other petroleum derived products, whose names on the labels contain prefixes “propyl” or “methyl”. Prevents the skin to breathe, blocking elimination of toxins from the body, can cause sensitivity to light and can deprive the skin of its natural oils, and its effect are: dryness and cracked skin, premature aging and acne.
– Toluene and Formaldehyde – commonly found in nail varnish or polish. Can cause allergic skin reactions.
– Perfume – is recommended to avoid soaps containing perfume. Can lead to dermatitis due to the drying effect of the skin.
– Parabens – preservatives used in the majority of cosmetic products. Increases the risk for Cancer occurrence.
– Aluminum – used in deodorants and antiperspirants composition. May contribute to mammary tumors.
Incoming search terms:
- toxic cosmetics
- ingreients in makeup
- parabens in cosmetics
- toxic substance in cosmetics