The world is full of colors. Recently, scientists have shown that, according to some studies, the effect that colors have on the personality and mood of the people must not be underestimated.
Research has found that certain colors can cause different reactions for different people. A better understanding of how colors interact with your mood can help you decorate your home or to choose the right clothing to be always in a positive mood.
Color and mood
– Red. Red is an intense color and it’s often associated with love and hate. Consequently, research has found that this color is a powerful example of the link between color and mood.
Viewing this color may slightly increase the level of adrenaline, blood pressure and heart rate. Also, red can disrupt thinking and concentration. Choosing red outfits can attract attention and interest. However, experts do not recommend red for the interior decoration of the house.
– Blue. Blue has proved to be a soothing color. It has been shown that blue can help you relax and it can reduce the heart rate. Therefore, experts recommend blue interiors for schools and hospitals. Also, the color is recommended for bedrooms at home – studies have shown a significant improvement in sleep quality in people with this disorder, after being urged to paint their bedroom in blue.
– Yellow. Yellow tends to be a color that stimulates happiness and joy. This color is associated with optimism, energy, alertness and sense of adventure. Yellow is an intense, exciting (less exciting than red) color. Many companies use yellow in their logos to emphasize optimism and happiness. Also, experts recommend avoiding light yellow, which does not have the same positive effects on mood compared to intense yellow.
– Green. Green is the color of life and nature, health and prosperity. Green also induces relaxation, peace and calm. Because it is considered a neutral color, green is used in institutions such as schools and hospitals. Green clothes help people to think positively and feel more relaxed. Experts recommend green in living rooms or bedrooms.
– Orange. Orange is a peculiar color in that it causes mixed reactions among people. It is not as hard as red, so does not give rise to intense reactions. Orange tends to make the connection with nature and time spent outdoors. Regarding the connection between orange and mood, this color can produce feelings of warmth, excitement, comfort and security.
– Violet. Because it is a relaxing color, like blue and green, violet inspires peace and quiet and can help relieve anxiety. Also, purple is associated with nobility and sometimes the exotic. A purple tie can add a touch of elegance, but a purple suit could still have adverse effects.