Tegument that is shiny, oily to the touch and prone to blackheads and pimples is known as oily skin. It is very important to keep this type of skin clean and control sebum’s excess secretion. Oily skin has the advantage of aging more slowly than other skin types as the natural secretion of sebum protects the skin against the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. A simple but regular skin care program associated with a balanced and healthy diet helps the skin and decreases the risk of acne eruption.
Prevent your skin from getting too oily
1. It is important to cleanse your skin twice a day, morning and evening. Always use a gentle cleanser. This prevents clogging of pores and the appearance of pimples.
2. The cleansing should be followed by the application of a tonic lotion (astringent) as this will remove excess sebum. It is recommended to avoid the use of alcohol-based astringents. Instead, we recommend the use of natural products. Alcohol-based products remove too much sebum from the face.
3. If a rash appears, touching or squeezing the pimples is contraindicated. Pustules, if squeezed, may leave permanent scars. There are a variety of acne products available on the market. You should see a dermatologist who would recommend the most appropriate for your skin.
4. If possible, perform a professional cleaning of the skin once a month.
5. Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water every day. Fluids help remove toxins from the body.
6. Avoid eating chocolate and fried foods.
7. Be sure to have a daily balanced diet that includes fruits and green vegetables.
Take care of your oily skin at home
1. Keep a cold water bottle in the fridge and spray the face 3-4 times a day. Cold water will not only give you a feeling of freshness, but will strengthen the pores.
2. Neem leaves are an excellent remedy for pimples. Wash and crush neem leaves to form a paste and apply it on the affected areas. Let it act for at least an hour. Neem leaves help dry pimples faster.
3. For marks and stains made from pustules you can use calamine lotion. We recommend swabbing the stains with calamine before bedtime and they will gradually diminish.
4. An effective remedy for oily skin is cool cucumber. Gently scrape or chop a cucumber in a blender until a paste is formed. Chill in the fridge. Apply it on your face and keep it for 15 minutes. Remove it with cold water. To get the best results, repeat the procedure twice a week on a previously cleaned skin.