Autumn is a season of transition. The frequent sudden changes in temperature make our organism become more sensitive, testing its capacity to cope with the specific fall affections.
Most throat irritations are caused by viral infections. The common symptoms for a throat infection are represented by a sore throat, itching and pain in swallowing. The sensation of sore throat is worse in the morning and tends to dissipate during the day.
The pain can be caused by various diseases of the pharynx, larynx or tonsils. These affections are specific for the throat and could develop into more serious problems for the respiratory system, which could result in acute bronchitis or influenza.
There are many natural remedies that can help us fight with the pain created by a throat infection. Many of the bio treatments which we are about to present come from the mists of time and most of them have been forgotten and replaced by drugs made of chemicals.
1. Cabbage Compresses: Cut the cabbage spine and crush it until it becomes soft. The cabbage processed in this way must be applied around the neck and then covered with a wool cloth.
2. Lard Compresses: The lard must be heated in a frying pan until it starts boiling. Imbue a wool cloth with this hot fluid and cover your neck with it. Enfold your neck with a scarf and keep it that way for several hours (it is recommended to apply this type of compress during the night).
3. Loess Compress: Mix 2 – 3 tablespoons of loess (you can find it in most of the drug stores) with one liter of water until it becomes a paste. Then spread the mixture on a handkerchief and fix it on your neck with a scarf. After several hours, when the loess is dry, change the compress with a fresh one.
4. Potato compresses: The potatoes must be boiled, crushed and spread on a handkerchief. Put this mixture around your neck and secure it with a shawl. Make sure that the potatoes are not too hot, as you could easily burn your skin.
5. Black radish and honey: Cut a black radish in two, peck it and fill its interior with honey. The next day, you can consume the juice of the radish.
6. Hot milk, egg and honey: Mix an egg yolk, hot milk and honey and enjoy a delicious remedy for your sore throat.
8. Honey with propolis: Fill a cup with honey and mix it with 40-50 drops of propolis tincture. Consume it during the day, allowing the honey to melt as slowly as possible in your mouth. This mixture is considered to be a natural antibiotic, the propolis being a powerful enemy for the throat infection.
9. Massage your neck with essential oil of lemon or lavender.
10. Do inhalations of chamomile infusion.
11. Baking soda used in gargle calms the sore throat. Put a tea spoon of baking soda in a glass of water and treat your throat.
Even if you have a sore throat, you should try to drink as many liquids as possible. Moreover, there are several special juices that could help you recover your voice:
- Mix an egg yolk with hot water in a cup and drink it as quickly as possible.
- Boil one tablespoon of elder berry, sweeten it with honey and drink the mixture.
- Dissolve 5 grams of sugar in a tea spoon of rum.
Don’t forget to gargle with warm water and salt every evening (¼ teaspoon of salt dissolved in one cup of water).
Incoming search terms:
- sick girl
- girl sick
- sick girl in bed