Here’s a great recipe for Spanish Tortilla. We assure you this tastes great as we’ve just tested it this morning. 🙂 You should also try the spanish omelette!
Serving size: 1/2 cup bean mixture, one flour tortilla. Makes four servings.
• 2 cups canned black beans, rinsed and drained
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 onion, chopped
• 1/2 cup water
• 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, or to taste
• 1/4 teaspoon allspice
• Pepper to taste
• 4 (9-inch) low-fat flour tortillas
• 1/2 cup white or brown rice, cooked
• 4 tablespoons salsa
1. Coat a medium-size, nonstick pan with cooking spray. Sauté garlic and onion until lightly browned and softened.
2. Add beans, water, chili powder, all spice, and pepper. Heat until hot and most of the water has been absorbed.
3. Heat tortillas in oven or on burner. Put rice in each tortilla, then spoon in beans, and roll each tortilla up.
Nutrition facts per serving Calories: 221 • Carbohydrates: 38g • Fat: 3g
Cholesterol: 0mg • Protein: 10g • Fiber: 9g • Sodium: 327mg
Food exchanges: 2 starch/bread • 1 lean meat