Ingredients you need for the carp pie recipe
- 300 g carp
- 3 eggs
- 300 ml milk
- 300 ml water
- 50 g butter
- 300 g leeks, only the white part, washed and sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1 bunch of freshly chopped parsley
- 1 kg floury potatoes, boiled and mashed with 125 ml of milk and some butter
Carp pie recipe: Preparation
The carp pie recipe needs only a few steps to be completed and this is probably the last time you will need to read the steps from somewhere.
1. Boil the eggs in water with salt for 8 minutes. After the boiling is over, put the eggs under cold water and peel them. Next, cut each egg into 4 parts.
2. Pour milk and water in a saucepan and add the fish. Let it boil for 4-6 minutes until you consider the skin will be removed easily.
3. Remove fish from the pan, take the skin off it and strain the milk in a bowl.
4. Melt the butter in a pan and add sliced leeks. Cook the leek until it’s softened and then add flour. Cover the pan for 1-2 minutes, then add the milk from your previous bowl.
5. Mix for another 5 minutes until the sauce will thicken.
6. Add parsley, stir gently then include the fish and eggs.
7. Season it to taste with salt and pepper.
8. Put the mixture in a greased baking dish with butter and put the mashed potatoes on top.
9. Move the pie in the oven for 30 minutes until browned on top.
That’s all. Now you may serve it hot with parsley sprinkled on top.
For other tasty foods please see our healthy recipes