Climbing and down stairs are physical activities that can burn excess calories and is a good exercise easy to practice every day. Moreover, upward and downward crossing of speed has a positive impact on health over time.
Unlike walking, that people have learned during the evolution of species to practice it with minimal effort, going up and down stairs require more intense muscular body. This vigorous exercise can burn even more calories than jogging in a minute.
Benefits climbing and descending stairs
Tips for starting a workout going up and down stairs
Climbing stairs is often associated with rapid burning of calories, but also their descenders has similar effects in relation to weight loss and muscle toning. The benefits of this apparently trivial physical activity are the same as the sport in general:
– Improving cardiovascular health;
– Strengthening the musculoskeletal system;
– Reducing the risk of heart disease, cancer, obesity, type 2 diabetes or stroke;
– Facilitating weight loss;
– Improved muscle tone.
Climbing and down stairs are easy and safe exercises for people of all ages. Develop a habit to use the stairs instead of the elevator can lead to significant improvement in health status over time. The following statistics are compelling in this regard:
– Climbing stairs energetic effort involves depositing a 8-9 times higher than normal walking on a flat surface in an equal interval of time;
– Uploaded every 10 steps, each one kilocalorie body burns;
– Every 20 steps lowered the body burn one kilocalorie;
– Just 10 minutes of stairs climbed per day halve the risk of heart attack within 10 years;
– The more a person has a higher body weight, the more calories you burn when climbing or descending stairs.
Essentially, climbing stairs is an aerobic workout because it stimulates the functioning of the heart and circulatory system. Climbing the two steps at the same time is an excellent exercise for leg muscles, although it can be dangerous for people with diseases of the knee, ligament or muscle legs.
Down stairs is also an excellent exercise because it require deep muscles of the posterior thigh and quadriceps. Among the specific benefits of this type of exercise include:
– Reducing blood sugar. Experts have found that a person’s effort to reduce down stairs in a higher proportion glucose levels than the climb.
– Improving body balance. Down stairs request body balance and muscle strength, with a strong effect of strengthening the muscles.
– Muscle toning arms. As and arms are moving during down stairs, upper limb muscles is also toned. For a stronger effect, it is recommended to alternate arms back and forth (like a swinging vigorously) during movement.
– Involve concentration. A psychic benefit is that train down stairs concentration, attention directed to the steps taken by surface steps and trying to avoid any imbalance or accident.
Both climbed down stairs and help reduce bad LDL cholesterol. Both activities improve lung function and cardiac device, facilitating the flow of oxygen to vital organs receiving. Muscle oxygenation helps increase muscle strength, so daily activities no longer seem difficult to accomplish.
A better body means a stronger immunity. Therefore, descending and climbing stairs can be considered contacting methods to prevent colds and flu, for example.
Weight loss is not insignificant benefit of the stair climber. A person weighing 55 kilograms who climb stairs for 30 minutes burns 220 calories compared to 190 calories burned during a workout aerobics other.
Climbing and down stairs presents positive effects on the mental level, stimulating the production of endorphins, a neurotransmitter responsible for happiness and calm. This physical activity can be considered a form effective to combat stress.
Self-esteem and self-confidence grow and they, as the yield stress increases through this exercise, physical condition improves and harmonious silhouette shape.
Tips for starting a workout going up and down scariSus
If you intend to go up and down stairs as part of a regular fitness training, it is important to keep in mind a few safety rules.
If you have a sedentary lifestyle, start with light sessions, every 20-25 steps ascended and descended. As you develop your strength, you can increase the intensity of exercise.
If you have health problems, consult your doctor about starting a sports program of this type. Set yourself clear objectives, such as “five minutes to climb the stairs twice a day” and progress slowly, prolonging the session with one minute or two. Final goal can be 30 minutes a day, a brisk and strained muscles outfit as.
Listen carefully signals from the body. Do not give up once experienced a simple physiological discomfort, but will stop if you are installing intense pain (stabbing, tingling, burning, etc.).
When you descend the stairs, pay attention flexarii right leg and socket of the foot and step (always watch your step). If you have a high body weight, you may be overworked joints, knees, hips and ankles, if training is very vigorous.
Incoming search terms:
- how many calories burned walking down stairs