During the fruit detox diet, you will eat only fruits and vegetables and drink only water for three days. Although this diet is known to be used for losing weight, its negative points seem to outnumber the good.
The fruit detox diet was designed by a nutritionist in order to detoxify the body and lose weight. This detox plan claims to help people lose even nine pounds in three days. Those who promote this regime say it is a good way to switch to a healthy diet that starts with these 3 days during which you eat only vegetables, fruits and water.
What you must know
The fruit detox diet is a drastic type of diet, lasting three days during which you:
• will drink at least 12 glasses of filtered water each day and avoid other drinks, including teas, juices and coffee
• will eat any fresh fruit (no frozen, dried or canned fruit), preferably organic
• will eat salads for dinner – all without foods containing starch – preferably organic vegetables
• will not exercise
• may additionally have protein drinks.
The main point of the fruit detox diet is that people are encouraged to eat fruits and vegetables, which are an essential part of a healthy eating plan. Fruits and vegetables are considered by everyone as the healthiest foods. People who consume adequate amounts of fruits and vegetables are healthier and have a normal weight.
Some nutritionists say that there is no scientific evidence to support the theory that the fruit detox diet is better than any other detox diet. They say that there is no reason why people should follow this diet even for only three days. Other nutritionists say that people should constantly increase the intake of fiber in their diets.
– Deficiencies of nutrients. Some nutrition experts like the fruit detox diet because it succeeds in incorporating some proteins. However, restrictions in the diet limit the intake of many vitamins, minerals and other nutrients your body needs. The diet limits the consumption of calcium, vitamin D, Omega 3 fatty acids and B vitamins.
– Too few calories. According to nutritionists, this diet deprives the body of energy, due to the extremely low intake of calories. They say that most people who followed the diet felt weak during the three days of dieting.
– Weight loss is only temporary. Experts say most of the weight lost through this diet is mostly water with some muscle tissue. They believe that this diet is a temporary solution.
In fact, people cannot live with such a diet plan. Therefore, you must consider that the rapid detox diet is nothing but a quick solution to lose weight and those extra pounds often return in even greater numbers, immediately after you go back to your original the diet.