What is the mediterranean diet meal plan?
This mediterranean diet meal plan is not as hard as it may seem. Also, some may consider the following rules quite attractive. Take it as you please, these are the 14 Rules of the Mediterranean Diet Meal Plan:
- Red meat – should not be eaten more than a few times a month.
- Sweets – choose fresh fruits instead.
- Eggs – four a week, including those in processed foods.
- Chicken – a few times a week, remove the skin.
- Fish – a few times a week.
- Cheese and yogurt – each day, choose low-fat varieties.
- Olive oil – daily, in moderate amounts.
- Fruit – daily, one at each meal.
- Vegetables – every day at every meal.
- Beans and nuts – every day; these are sources of soluble fiber which reduces cholesterol by at least 5%.
- Whole grains (pasta, bread, rice) – daily, replacing white bread, white rice etc.
- Water – at least 6 servings daily.
- Wine – daily, moderate (one glass for the ladies, two glasses for men)
- Physical activity – daily, 30 minutes to improve cardiovascular activity, burn calories and improve metabolism.
Mediterranean Diet Meal Plan
Mediterranean Diet Meal Plan Pyramid
Most studies have revealed that it has a special contribution on health. Mediterranean diet meal plan protects the heart due to increased intake of omega-3 fatty acids (although it does not lower cholesterol). A 2006 study found that this diet helps prevent Alzheimer’s disease. A study done in Naples, Italy, found that the Mediterranean diet meal plan lowers risk of developing diseases such as type 2 diabetes and improves metabolism.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us or browse our website! This is the Mediterranean Diet Meal Plan, as simple as it gets.