You could lose 10 kilograms in 16 days following a lemon detox diet. Now we are going to explain the whole process
Rich in vitamin C, A, B, citric acid, amino acids, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium – the lemon juice has a laxative effect, as it stimulates digestion.
The lemon detox diet is recommended for people who do not want to radically change their lifestyle in order to get rid of extra pounds. Specialists believe that this is one of the easiest to keep diet, as it involves eating up to seven lemons per day, gradually, over a period of time of 16 days.
The Lemon detox diet
On the first day you have to drink the juice resulted from a lemon, the second day – the juice of two lemons, the third day the juice of three lemons and so on until the seventh day – when you have to drink the juice of seven lemons.
After a break of two days, the lemon detox diet must continue. However, this time you will consume the lemons in decreasing sequence: starting from seven lemons in the first day and finishing with just one in the seventh day.
The juice obtained from squeezing the fruits must be mixed with water or tea. Also, the lemon juice can be used in salads.
Besides its laxative effect, the lemon juice is a powerful antioxidant, accelerating fat burning process and reducing cellulite.
The lemon detox diet lasts 16 days, period in which experts believe that the body will lose up to 10 kilograms. However, nutritionists say that the diet will be effective if you follow six simple rules:
Lemon detox diet rules
- Drink lemon juice with warm water as soon as you wake up (in the morning): 3-4 tablespoons of juice in a glass of water and eat breakfast half an hour later. Then, throughout the day, drink at least two liters of water.
- Add supplements of vitamin C during the diet. Experts recommend you to include in your daily schedule five portions of fruits or vegetables. It would be ideal to have two snacks represented by fruits, the lemon juice in the morning (instead of a fruit) and three vegetable salads during the day.
- Adjust the sugar level in the blood. Use lemon juice in the preparation of all foods that permit you to do so. Moreover, choose foods with low glycemic index, such as wholemeal bread, whole rice, cereals, vegetables, and lean meat. This rule must be obeyed because a high level of sugar in the blood facilitates the storage of fat in the organism.
- Do not consume many sweets. Nutritionists recommend us to try to eliminate sweets from our daily schedule – and not only during the lemon detox diet. These products are high in sugar – which leads to increased fat storage.
- Avoid heavily processed foods. Health experts recommend a diet based on natural products – homemade food, fruits, vegetables, wholemeal bread whole rice and pasta. In addition, we are advised to carefully read the labels of the products we choose and opt for those which contain fewer chemicals, no preservatives, colorants and additives. Red meat, pastry and fast food products should be excluded from the diet.
- Improve your digestive functions. You must establish a schedule for your meals and achieve a balanced diet, avoiding excessive eating. In addition, avoid small snacks between meals.
The lemon detox diet is not recommended for people suffering from kidney disease or the ones who have digestive problems.
It`s up to you to decide if the lemon detox diet fits you best!
Incoming search terms:
- Meaning of lemon detox